recommended raid cards with freebsd support,

Gerald de la Pascua geralddelapascua at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 04:54:59 PDT 2005

Hi, I have a problem, we have been using the 3ware raid cards which mike put
me on to and they
have been great,
 however, I have just built a new machine, abit 8w and pentiumD processor,
and all was fine until I put the raid card in, it just hangs with the 3ware
message.
 I have raised it with 3ware, and they say the board is not tested with that
chipset,
I have tested the card on another machine, where it works fine.
 I am not getting the feeling that 3ware are going to be able to resolve
this any time soon,
 So that's the background, given that I already have all this kit, and the
parallel
250MB drives, could anyone suggest alternative raid cards that they have
good experiences of (and have some gui support in freebsd), so that then
I can investigate whether they might work with my current set up ??
 thanks in advance for any suggestions,
 Gerald