Segmentation fault when building kdelibs

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Sep 19 15:44:26 PDT 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 6:16 PM, Pat Maddox wrote:
> Happens in different spots, so I guess it's a hardware problem.  But
> what exactly am I looking for?  Is it bad ram, a bad disk?  How do I
> find out what's messed up?

CPU cooling or bad memory are likely culprits.

Run memtest.org's checker overnight and see what that finds.  memtest
is also available as a port, I think, but I burned the .iso image
they have and use that as a standalone bootable checker.  If you have
name-brand hardware, people like Dell and whatnot offer a diagnostics
floppy or CD which can do useful testing, too...

--
-Chuck