sysinstall Hangs When Probing Devices on 5.4

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Mon Sep 19 09:07:10 PDT 2005

I have run the 4.x versions on this exact same hardware with no
sysinstall issues.  I upgraded to 5.4 using the installation CD and
sysinstall ran fine during the install.  However after installing my
system and doing a full boot, sysinstall just "hangs" at probing on any
attempt to run from the command line as any user including root.  It
does not respond to either 'kill' or 'kill -9'.  The only way to get rid
of the process is a reboot.  Any ideas on why I'm seeing this behavior?
How can I go about troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Drew

--