beta 5: make buildworld = internal compiler error

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Sep 19 08:30:06 PDT 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Björn König wrote:
> Chuck Swiger wrote:
>> bob self wrote:
>>> What causes "internal compiler error"?
>> CPU overheating?  Bad RAM?  Power supply going bad?
>
> Chuck: I saw this error not for the first time. It always happens
> during the compilation of libstdc++. There must be a kind of
> software error or unfortunate coincidence.

If the compiler error is reproducible, it might be a result of a
genuine bug in the compiler or something funky with the source code.
However, if that were the case, you would also see the FreeBSD
Tinderbox post failure messages with the exact same error.

If the problem is not reproducible, see the above.  :-)

--
-Chuck