Starting interactive processes at boot time

Roger O. Svenning roger at audioweb.no
Mon Sep 19 07:08:12 PDT 2005

Hi

I have this game server process "nwserver" that previously was started
at boot time trough /etc/rc.local

I could send commands and read results whenever needed trough the use of
'watch -i -W console'

I now want to start this process trough svscan and supervise at boot
time with the rc.d/svscan.sh which works fine except for two related
things:

1: The process doesn't attach to a tty and the thread responsible for
the process console goes into an infinite loop unless you suppress the
interactive mode trough a -quiet switch.

2: My web based administrations script need some way of writing to and
reading from the process console.

How can I make the process attach to a tty at boot time?

Regards

Roger O. Svenning