laptop question...

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 18 16:35:42 PDT 2005

On Sunday, 18 September 2005 at 11:59:37 -0700, Jeff D. Hamann wrote:
> I'm about to purchase a sager np3880 laptop:
>
> http://www.discountlaptops.com/index.php?section=specs&model_id=1176&category_id=&category_theme=c1
>
> and want to know if there might be any problems with the hardware
> especially the usb and video. Has anyone been able to get wuxga
> (1900x1200 screen sizes) while running freebsd?

That should be 1920x1200.

There are many systems, notably Dell, running at this resolution.
There doesn't seem to be any specific problem.  I have a slightly
lower resolution (1680x1050; sorry I don't know the marketing code),
and that installed with no problems at all.  Strangely, Linux had
problems recognizing the format.

Greg