frequency is out of range

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sun Sep 18 12:53:16 PDT 2005

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:46:42 -0500
"Who Dat" <droopy11 at alltel.net> wrote:

> I HAVE A GEFORCE 6600 & HAD THE SAME PROBLEM...WENT TO ADVANCED SETTINGS &
> THEN TO THE ADVANCE THEN TO THE GEFORCE SETTINGS...THEN ON THE SIDEBAR DOWN
> TO DISPLAY MODE TIMING & WHEN YOU CLICK HERE A SCREEN WILL POP UP TO THE
> RIGHT & AT THE LOWER CONNER (LEFT) YOU'LL SEE ENABLE DOUBLE SCAN FOR LOWER
> RES. MODE...UNCHECK THIS & THE PROBLEM SHOULD STOP...
>
> PRAY THIS WILL HELP?

I take it you're using the nvidia drivers with freeBSD5.4 with this?
At the moment I use nv on a "normal" Xorg configuration. I have no need
for the qualities of my GForce 6600 on freeBSD (I use it on XP for
games.. well, at least my family is). I DO want to act Xorg as stable
as can be. So I don't get it when all of a sudden the frequency is "out
of range" As I understand it this should not happen, but if I
understand you correctly you want me to use nvidia drivers and make the
necessary adjustments???

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4