laptop question...

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Sun Sep 18 11:59:42 PDT 2005

I'm about to purchase a sager np3880 laptop:

http://www.discountlaptops.com/index.php?section=specs&model_id=1176&category_id=&category_theme=c1

and want to know if there might be any problems with the hardware
especially the usb and video. Has anyone been able to get wuxga (1900x1200
screen sizes) while running freebsd? I'm in the middle of purchasing new
machines and I'm struggling with the concept of running wine so I can run
MS Windows apps (ms office access+vba) or should I not bother with freebsd
(5.4/6.0) and stick with xp?

The video data is

PCI Express x16 3D Accelerator
128MB DDR2 PCI-e nVIDIA GeForce Go 6600 Video Memory

and what is the experience with power management. I've seen lots of
complaints about laptops going to sleep and never waking up...

Jeff.

--
Jeff D. Hamann
Forest Informatics, Inc.