Mouse cursor invisible in VESA modes?

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.nau.ua at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 06:56:41 PDT 2005

Good day!
My question deals with VESA-patch, which was commited some time ago
into CURRENT. I dont' know if it is a known bug or a bad luck of mine
so I ask... Yet before I've tested VESA-patch with 5.3-RELEASE and
5.4-RELEASE, and currently I'm using 6.0-BETA4. And everytime I've got
one the same problem - the mouse cursor disappears when using
resolutions higher than VESA_800x600. In another words, the mouse still
works but the cursor is invisible. Also, as far as I remember, I'd been
encountering some error messages from vidcontrol when using earlier
versions of this patch, but now they seem to be fixed. However, the
whole problem still remains.

My system is x86 PC, MB is ASUS A7V8X-X (based on VIA KT400 chipset),
videocard is ATI Radeon 9600 128MB and mouse is Microsoft IntelliMouse
Optical 1.1A, plugged into USB (but PS/2 tried as well). Kernel
contains ony the following console-related stuff:
options     VESA
options     SC_PIXEL_MODE
options     SC_MOUSE_CHAR=0x3
options     SC_HISTORY_SIZE=1200
I dont' know what else details about my system I need to tell in such
situation, so excuse me if I missed something important.
							Regards. Andrew