Configuring multiple monitors

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 03:44:49 PDT 2005

I've spent a lot of time looking into how to set up multiple monitors,
and I'm kind of clueless.  I'm not great with configuring stuff in the
first place, so that's probably why I'm having trouble.

Anyway I've got a Dell 2001fp and a Viewsonic vp201, hooked up to a
GeForce4 Ti4600.  Right now I've got Xorg set up to use the 2001fp
connected to the D-Sub output, and I want to use the other display on
the DVI output.  I'd like to just be able to have one big desktop,
like I can on Windows.  If I just run Xorg -configure, it only sets up
one of the displays.  Are there any instructions on setting this up or
anything?

Thanks,
Pat