A sendmail config question

Emanuel Strobl Emanuel.strobl at gmx.net
Fri Sep 16 19:05:45 PDT 2005

Am Samstag, 17. September 2005 03:49 CEST schrieb stan:
> I'm setting up a 4.11 STABLE machine.
>
> 4.11 comes with sendmail 8.13.4, and I prefer to use this, rather than
> build the one from ports (BTW if anyone has a strong reason that I
> should do this different, I'd entertain a discussion on this).
>
> In any case the scenario I'm trying to set up is that I wat to recive
> mail for say a at x.com, b at x.com ... a.y.com, c.y.com . Note that I _don't
> want to accept mail for b at x.com.

^^^^????

I don't understand that sentence... You mention b at x.com in negative _and_
positive... Don't try to gain security by obscurity!

> Now how I'm trying to do this is using /etc/mail/virtusertable I've got
> etnries like this:
>
> stan at a.net                                       stan
> stanb at b.com                                      stan
>
> In /etc/mail/local-host-names I have entries like:
>
> a.net
> b.com
> c.com
>
> Notice that there is not entry in virtusertable for stan at c.com, yet
> mail addressed to that address is acepted and deliverd (as are the ones
> I _want_ to work) to the local user stan.

Ugh, I don't understand that either, but maybe x at c.com is your canonical
domain?
Why don't you just post your config, replacing @ with (at) or anything
else? We are not used to your environment and so we don't have the
possibility to check for wider errors...

Good luck,

-Harry