Installation woes

Rogelio Rodríguez q.rs at verizon.net
Fri Sep 16 18:32:23 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have Phoenix Award BIOS v6.00PG (as it seems to identify
itself) and a Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus (ST3120026A) and they
don't seem to like each other. When partitioning, it's suggested
that the harddrive geometry seems unlikely though the install
seems to go off without a problem--tried changing the geometry to
what the BIOS believes the geometry to be that doesn't work.
Anywho, it can boot off of the harddrive but can't mount root. At
the mountroot prompt, '?' tells me that acd0 is the only drive.
So there's no hard drive after all.

The motherboard is an ABIT KV8 Pro...

Any ideas?