"The Complete FreeBSD": errata and addenda

Greg Lehey grog at FreeBSD.ORG
Fri Sep 16 10:02:01 PDT 2005

The trouble with books is that you can't update them the way you can a web page
or any other online documentation.  The result is that most leading edge
computer books are out of date almost before they are printed.  Unfortunately,
The Complete FreeBSD, published by O'Reilly, is no exception.  Inevitably, a
number of bugs and changes have surfaced.

"The Complete FreeBSD" has been through a total of five editions, including its
predecessor "Installing and Running FreeBSD".  Two of these have been reprinted
with corrections.  I maintain a series of errata pages.  Start at
http://www.lemis.com/errata-4.html to find out how to get the errata
information.

Have you found a problem with the book, or maybe something confusing?  Please
let me know: I'm constantly updating it.

Greg