No dri on Radeon X300 SE

Micah micahjon at ywave.com
Fri Sep 16 09:05:11 PDT 2005

I just upgraded to a new Athlon 64 system to replace my five-year-old
system.  I ended up buying a low end PCI-EX MSI Radeon X300 SE video
card to go with it.  I'm not getting any dri acceleration out of it.

I basicaly did a hard-disk swap from the old machine to the new one.  I
later CVSup'd my source to RELENG_5_4 (from 5.3 release), edited the
kernel conf for the new system, and recompiled following the procedure
in the handbook to see if that would help.  I'm still running in i386
mode for now.  The old box had dri working with my Matrox card.

I have xorg 6.8.2 installed and dri 6.2.1.

uname -a:
FreeBSD trisha.eidolonworld 5.4-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p7 #0:
Wed Sep  7 14:46:11 PDT 2005
root at trisha.eidolonworld:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TRISHA  i386

I've uploaded copies of my dmesg, kernel conf, loader.conf, and
xorg.conf to:
http://students.washington.edu/micahjon/public/
(I wasn't sure about including that much text in my email.)

Thanks for any insight,
Micah