[Samba] getent & winbindd on FreeBSD 5.4

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Fri Sep 16 08:31:17 PDT 2005

In the last episode (Sep 16), Doug Sampson said:
> I posted this to the Samba list yesterday and since this is related
> to FreeBSD I thought I'd post to this list. Can anyone shed some
> light on the 'getent' command in FreeBSD 5.4? It isn't working and
> I'd like to know if it's because it's based on Linux instead of
> FreeBSD thus rendering it's usefulness to nil.

That email is referring to the getent command inside the linux /compat
tree.  If you need that command to work, you will need to install and
set up the appropriate *linux* libraries and files into /compat/linux/ .
If this is your only problem, I'd recommend just not running linuxes
getent command :)

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com