Updating freebsd without cvsup

Vittorio vdemart1 at tin.it
Fri Sep 16 07:38:48 PDT 2005

At office I have a freebsd 5.4 server to run postgresql. I'd like to
update the ports in it from time to time but cvsup doesn't seem to work
behind our proxy. In fact, in make.conf I have the following two lines:

FETCH_ENV = HTTP_PROXY=http://user:password@proxy.com:8080
FETCH_ENV =
FTP_PROXY=http://user:password@proxy.com:8080

which work smoothly when
I compile a port via "make install clean" downloading the needed
sources BUT they seem to be useless when cvsup is used. No way of
reaching the cvsup server because unknown (is the same I use
succesfully at home with an adsl connection!)!

Is there another
alternative way of defining the proxy OR any other way of getting a new
source three to be copied to the server, e.g., by means of a cd burnt
at home?

Thanks
Vittorio