Unable to install 5.4 from CDROM

Mark Jones mark.jones.netins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 07:17:40 PDT 2005

I'm having an odd problem installing 5.4 release from CDROM.

The machine is an HP ProLiant DL145. It didn't come with a CDROM drive, I
borrowed one from a Dell PowerEdge SC1425.
The CDs are good, I've installed on other machines with them - in fact, on
the same machine that I borrowed the CDROM from.

I can boot from the CD with no problem. I go through sysinstall all the way
through the part where I select what sources to install. Sysinstall writes
the MBR and fsck's the drive with no problem. But then when it goes to
install the source and packages from CD, it says it can't read the CD.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.

--
Mark