Which games are good, and easy to install?

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Thu Sep 15 15:58:19 PDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 11:42:29AM -0400, WOB wrote:
> Other games were client-server based, and it wasn't immediately
> obvious how to get them running.

Free, open-source games are hard to write in the first place, and so
they tend to have poor documentation.

> A few games just core dump, like flightgear.
>
> I'm using FreeBSD 6.0-B4.

Yeah, well, you're on the bleeding edge, so anything you do it going to
be less stable. ;)

I've been hooked on Simutrans the past weeks.  There's binaries online
for Windows, Linux, and BeOS.  I'm told the Linux version runs fine
under emulation.  I find it addicting because I'm a total SimCity /
Railroad Tycoon freak, and this has the added dimension of very little
documentation.

:)

-danny

--