livecd problems - won't mount root

Midnight Oil jamie at gnulife.org
Thu Sep 15 13:20:12 PDT 2005

   Hello

   I'm trying to build a web server with FreeBSD 4.11 that runs off of a
CD rather than a hard disk. I'm trying to make an iso using livecd 1.2.4b
and the install goes well, but when I try to boot the system from the iso
I get the mountroot> prompt.

   Here is the fstab file that I put in the live_root install directory
prior to the iso generation:

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump
Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/acd0c              /               cd9660  ro,noatime      0       0
/dev/ad0s1f             /tmp            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad0s1e             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0

   I would like the hard drive to be used for logfiles, tmp files, etc.
But, I would like the rest of the system to boot off of the cdrom, and
then keep running off the cdrom image.

   Is there something I am doing wrong?

    Thanks,

   - Jamie

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (93% of Full)