PPP tunnel problem!

Felix Chang felix836 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 20:56:12 PDT 2005

Hi,

   I am using the FreeBSD to become the NAS so that
can provide PPPoE and PPP services to the clients
which is worked with the Radius. I have successfully
started the PPP and PPPoE services and connected to
the internet with the authentication of the Radius.
However, I face one serious problem. During the time
the client was connecting to the internet, if the
client unplugs the cable or shut down their PC without
disconnection, the tunnel created was still remain in
the NAS. This make the client cannot connect to the
internet anymore as I set the radius not to allow any
duplicated login.

   May I know is that anyway for the FreeBSD to kill
the tunnel automatically when the client unplugs the
cable or shutdown the PC without disconnection. I had
tried the "set timeout" in the ppp.conf but I don't
think this is the right solution. Please kindly reply.
Thanks!

Regards
Felix