proftpd + disable reverze UID/GID mapping

Vladimir Dvorak dvorakv at vdsoft.org
Thu Sep 15 06:30:12 PDT 2005

Hello *,

I am using ProFTPd with MySQL authentication. Is possible to disable
UID/GID mapping ?

I can log into existing ftp account but when I use for example ftp
command 'ls', connection is immediatedly terminated. The reason of
termination is, that proftpd is trying to map UID/GID number to
user/group names. In proftpd.conf I have:

SQLUserInfo            ftp login password "id + 10000 as uid" "10000 as
gid" path NULL

The error is obvious in SQL query ( /var/log/mysql.log ):

Query       SELECT login, password, id + 10000 as uid, 1
0000 as gid, path FROM ftp WHERE (id + 10000 as uid = 0) LIMIT

Is possible to disable this mapping ? 'PersistentPasswd off' seems
doesn`t work.

Vladimir