Problem at first boot

Julien FOURNIER jFournier at gse.fr
Thu Sep 15 02:31:18 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm a new FreeBsd (French) user, and after 3 days of none-working
installs, I, now can boot my server with FreeBSD installed on it.
The problem is : it ask me to enter the path for the Shell, and I don't
know where it is. Here is the message I get when I attempt to boot :

"Can't exec /bin/sh fot /etc/rc : No such File or directory.
Enter full path of Shell or type Enter for /bin/sh"

If I type Enter, the system tells me that the file can't be found...I
don't know how to do!!!

I have installed the system as following : Standard installation

* / =>1GB
* /etc =>1GB
* /bin =>1GB
* /dev =>1GB
* swap partition =>2GB
* /var =>6GB

Install with "FTP passive"

This server is going to be a proxy server with vpn/ssl solution.

Did I make an error while installing, or is there a simple solution to
solve my (very very !!!) big problem??

Thanks a lot...

Julien Fournier
jfournier at gse.fr