IE in FreeBSD?

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 14 19:21:24 PDT 2005

On Sep 14, 2005, at 7:01 PM, Eric Schuele wrote:

> Roland Smith wrote:

>>> Thanks.
>>> It is a way to solve this problem. But my particular problem is I
>>> do not have a Windows server or XP desktop PC around. My laptop
>>> is the only computer I have. So is there any other suggestion?
>>>
>> You mean apart from dumping IE and using firefox? ;-)
>> Install windoze on a virtual machine on your FreeBSD laptop. You
>> could
>> use bochs or qemu. The latter is probably faster.
>>

> I'll second the qemu vote.  It works very well.
>
> You don't mention *why* you need IE.  Stating why might help
> someone provide a better alternative.
>

>> Roland
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Eric

     The reason why I can see using IE is the ridiculous requirement
made by many software vendors and website designers that custom
tailor their content to use either ActiveX (Valve's CS and CS:S for
example) or certain features only available in IE, or they are just
plain lazy and don't want to make their content Mozilla friendly.
-Garrett