IE in FreeBSD?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Wed Sep 14 18:28:34 PDT 2005

My opinion on WINE is that it merely harms people who are writing
software
for FreeBSD.  If I write a wordprocessor for Linux or FreeBSD and try to
sell it, why would a customer buy it when he can just use his Microsoft
Word under Wine?

As a result the existence of these programs discourages interest in
native
FreeBSD programs, and encourages people not to wholeheartedly switch
over to FreeBSD.  It also gives an excuse to software developers not to
bother
writing software for open source development since "they can always run
it on wine"

Ted