New Sun X2100 servers: Anybody see any glaring issues with FBSD6 in amd64 mode with them?

Peter Thoenen eol1 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 15:32:34 PDT 2005

So I am thinking about getting one of those new Sun X2100 servers.  Was going
to go with a competing item a couple days ago but these just came out and are
actually priced pretty competively.  Anybody have one yet or see any glaring
incompatibilities with FBSD 6?  Going to ship directly to a colo (where I will
install via serial + term server) and going to rather annoyed if I can't get
FBSD running on it.  On an unrelated to FBSD question, anybody happen to know
what a "sun service processor" is .. its in the options.  Curious if FBSD can
even use it or if its an OS independent funciton.

http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/x2100/specifications.jsp