Blade Servers w/ SAN backend ... anyone doing this?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Wed Sep 14 11:22:32 PDT 2005

I'm talking to my supplier about going this root, and am having problems
finding out if I can even do it :(

I was pointed to jcagle's page on the HP Blade stuff
(http://people.freebsd.org/~jcagle), but what I can't seem to find is how
to connect the Blade<->SAN ...

>From what little I've learnt so far, there is an HP Fiber Channel
controller that is used to connect the Blade to the SAN, but I can't find
anywhere that indicates that there is a FreeBSD driver for it ...

Is anyone running such a configuration right now?

Also, another thing that was mentioned to me was the ability to 'boot on
SAN', instead of having drives in the Blade itself ... is this something
that can be done with FreeBSD, and, if so, is there anywhere on the web I
can read up on this?

Thanks ...

----