IE in FreeBSD?

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 14 09:32:41 PDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:55:25PM +0800, Yuan Jue wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 23:46, Matt Kosht wrote:
>
> > > Does anybody successfully  run Internet Explorer under Wine in FreeBSD?
> > > What should I do to get it run? Any suggestion will be appreciated.
> >
> > I would suggest instead of Wine using an RDP client (rdesktop in ports
> > for example) and run IE via terminal services on a Windows server or
> > XP desktop PC.
>
> Thanks.
> It is a way to solve this problem. But my particular problem is I do not have
> a Windows server or XP desktop PC around. My laptop is the only computer I
> have. So is there any other suggestion?

You mean apart from dumping IE and using firefox? ;-)

Install windoze on a virtual machine on your FreeBSD laptop. You could
use bochs or qemu. The latter is probably faster.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt