IE in FreeBSD?

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Wed Sep 14 09:27:33 PDT 2005

Yuan Jue wrote:
> Hello, all
>
> Does anybody successfully  run Internet Explorer under Wine in FreeBSD? What
> should I do to get it run? Any suggestion will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

I don't know if you've already seen this, but the WINE Application DB
may have info on how others got it to run:

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=25

Another suggestion would be to run a browser that runs natively on
FreeBSD such as Mozilla Firefox, regular Mozilla, Opera, or even
Konqueror if you use KDE. I stopped using IE when the first Mozilla
Firebird beta came out and I can't say I've missed anything. :)

-Mark