Window manager to use with touch panel

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 23:45:43 PDT 2005

On 8/24/05, Per Johnson <per at datalatt.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I recently got hold of a computer built into a 15" flatscreen monitor.
> I want to use this to control lights and other things around the
> appartment and I need a window manager that runs on FreeBSD and works
> well with touch screens.
>
> A user interface with large buttons and a simple menu would do the trick
> but I don't know of any.
> Since it's a Cyrix 300MHz processor and only 64MB of Ram I want a light
> weight window manager.
>
> Any suggestions?

On my old laptop I used to use openbox or wm2 and kicker (openbox and
wm2 are in ports and kicker in kdebase in ports).  I thought it was
nice.  Otherwise, a lot of people seem to be trying xfce.  Also
windowmaker is an ol' classic that is pretty simple and easy-to-use.
Seems xwinman.org has a big ol' list.  Try a few, see what you like.
Good luck,

Eric

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.