traffic accounting.

Peter Matulis petermatulis at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 13 20:11:15 PDT 2005

---  <norgaard at locolomo.org>Erik Nørgaard wrote:

> Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> > I am going to pop a machine (bridged interfaces) in tween our LAN and
> > our firewall (pix) and am wanting to know what people would recommend
> > for IP accounting, it would be great to have a web based output to show
> > what traffic, from/to what hosts so the boss is happy to look at it.

Are you searching for something that looks good or something more factual?

Another question to consider is whether you are interested in bandwidth
(bytes/sec) or in actual bytes transferred.  There are fewer tools that provide
persistent & archivable stats for the latter and I have yet to find one that
displays the latter in graphical form without it becoming a science project.

--
Peter