about newsyslog

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Sep 13 12:14:28 PDT 2005

Please don't top-post.

"Yavuz" <yavuz at mtm-medyatakip.com.tr> writes:

> Hello again
> I have already read that man pages about newsyslog
> it only shows daily,weekly,yearly etc. but I couldn't find to change every
> hour in everyday or to change every 3 hours in a day.
> help please...

In "man newsyslog.conf" there is a description "when" field.  If you
put a "1" in that field, the log will be rotated every hour.  If you
put a "3" in there, every three hours.  If you want it at particular
times, there are more complicated syntaxes for that field to do all
kinds of fancier versions.

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/