[OT] BIOS Beep Codes on Intel Server with AMI BIOS ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Sep 13 11:07:46 PDT 2005

I hate to ask, but am running out of places and would *really* like to get
this server online sometime soon ...

I have a new Intel SE7520JR2 DDR2 based server, FreeBSD 4-STABLE is
installed on it and running great ... *but* ... whenever I boot up, I get
beeps ... specifically, "beep-pause-beepbeepbeep" ... the first beep isn't
a long one though, and I can't find anywhere that talks about all short
beeps like that ...

Does anyone have experience with Beep Codes that might be able to give
some clue?

I've upgraded the BIOS to the latest 8.10, and, as I say above, the server
appears to run fine, but putting something into production that has a
"questionable boot" tends to make me a bit nervous ...

Thanks ...

----