Stale dependency question

Mark Bucciarelli mark at gaiahost.coop
Tue Sep 13 11:04:41 PDT 2005

On a 5.4 box, pkgdb -F is reporting stale PHP dependencies and I'm
not sure of the correct way to fix it. For example (one of nine such
messages):

        php5-mysql-5.0.4_2 -> php5-5.0.4_2 (lang/php).

We have php5-cgi-5.0.4_2 installed, not php5-5.0.4_2.  So ...

    1. Portversion tells me that php5-cgi needs upgrading--will doing a
       portupgrade on php5-cgi fix this stale dependency?

    2. Or should I replace the php5 dependency with the php5-cgi when
       running pkgdb -F?

Where can I view a list of a port's dependencies? I tried poking
around the ports directories to figure out the dependencies, but
/usr/ports/databases/php5-mysql just has a Makefile which points to
../../lang/php5 as the MASTERDIR. Likewise, /usr/ports/www/php5-cgi just
has a Makefile that points to lang/php5.

This is inside a jail, with /usr/ports mounted nullfs from the jails
container. In the container, I did a cvsup and portsdb -Uu. Then in the
jail, I do pkgdb -F.

Let's see, the only other thing that might be relevant is that as part
of the original php5-cgi install, I renamed and moved the php binary
to a different place. Then, when pear needed the php binary, we make
a symlink from the moved and renamed binary back to the where pear
expected it.

Regards,