about newsyslog

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Sep 13 08:17:43 PDT 2005

On 2005-09-13 18:09, Yavuz <yavuz at mtm-medyatakip.com.tr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I use FreeBSD5.3
>
> I want to change maillog file more frequent.
> As you know the file named maillog file changes once in a day.
> There is a file named newsyslog.conf in /etc
> How can I do change file named maillog everyhour with /etc/newsyslog.conf ?

By setting up the relevant line in your ``/etc/newsyslog.conf'' file:

The format of this file is described in the manpage:

	% man newsyslog.conf

If you do read the manpage and you still have questions, then it's
either a bug of the manpage or something we can clarify on the list,
so don't hesitate to ask again :-)