cyrus-imap + virtualdomains

Vladimir Dvorak dvorakv at vdsoft.org
Tue Sep 13 01:53:27 PDT 2005

Hi *,

I get stucked in this problem for serveral hours and now I am out of any
ideas.

I add

    virtdomains: yes
    loginrealms: devel testdomain.org

into imapd.conf, then I created mailbox using following commands:

devel~: cyradm -u cyrus at devel localhost
Password: xxxx
localhost> cm user.test at testdomain.org

Now, I can authenticate and work with this mailbox.

But problem occurs, when I create for example

localhost>cm user.test2 at test2domain.org

and try to login. In maillog appears

plaintext test2 at test2domain.org SASL(-13): authentication failure:
cross-realm login test2 at test2domain.org denied

It is clear - when I put test2domain.org behind the loginrealms item, it
works.

My question is: is possible to allow * domains to loginrealms ( because
this server will serve a lot of domains and adding domain items is not
effective) ?

Thank you very much!

Vladimir