Floppy MBR? Compaq Proliant 3000

Michael W. Holdeman lists at ptfd.org
Mon Sep 12 12:20:17 PDT 2005

I have a compaq proliant 3000 E39 and have FreeBSD installed to a 40G IDE
drive I installed. It lets me install anyithing I want but the BIOS/Firmware
will not support booting from teh IDE HD's. I want to keep the SCSI array for
clean data on this server. How do I go about actually booting with a floppy,
or CD and just have the boot manager point to the IDE HD?

Mike
--

Michael W. Holdeman