Problems making CD backups

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Mon Sep 12 05:39:33 PDT 2005

I'm trying to use a cron script with mkisofs and burncd every weekend.  But
after taking a long time to do nothing, burncd never returns from burning and
fixating the CD, and looking at the CD itself shows no recorded area
reflecting.  Trying to mount the CD gives a 'device busy' error.

Is my CD-R just being difficult?  Or could I be doing something wrong?  Where
should I start looking?  Or could I be doing something wrong?  Where should I
start looking?

I'm running 4.11 BTW.

jm