Firefox and Thunderbird

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Mon Sep 12 05:29:17 PDT 2005

Michael Louie Loria wrote:

>I solve the problem by deleting compreg.dat but it is too tiresome to
>delete compreg.dat everytime I had to open firefox and thunderbird.

I have no clue about the underlying problem but you could make life a
little less frustrating before you find a fix with

alias firefox '/bin/rm ~/wherever/you/get/to/compreg.dat;
/usr/X11R6/bin/firefox'

and similar for thunderbird.

Syntax may vary according to which shell you run, and you'd want to put
the aliases in a suitable file which was loaded every time you logged in.

--Alex