FreeBSD 4.11 minimal install man pages

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Sun Sep 11 21:27:34 PDT 2005

FreeBSD-questions:

I'm an FreeBSD newbie who just did a minimal install of FreeBSD 4.11 on some
vintage hardware, only to discover that the man pages seem to be missing.  So I
STFW, found the following:

http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc/2004-01/0568.htm

ran /stand/sysinstall, and installed the man pages distribution.  But, I still
get the following:

    dpchrist at p166v:~$ man man
    No manual entry for man

I seem to recall running a "mandb" utility on a GNU/Linux installation sometime
in the past, but I can't seem to find the FreeBSD equivalent (if there is such a
thing).

Searching this list's archive for "No manual entry for man" didn't yield the
answer.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

David