Question

! at #$%iii investmentbnker75 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 20:05:03 PDT 2005

We are running FreeBSD 4.7 and 4.10 on Intel SR2300
servers with 1-2 GB of memory and Adaptec 2100s or
2010s raid cards. We are also using Seagate 73gb and
146GB 15k drives.

We mirror drives 0 and 2 with drive 1 ad the back up.
But we get alot of server self reboots and then fsck's
to follow. This is causing more downtime as usual.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening,
why the servers are periodically rebooting and also
why we might be seeing more drive failures than before
when running something like Unix or Linux?

Thanks