Audio / Video Streaming

Tom Pepper tom at phonebites.com
Sun Sep 11 20:04:22 PDT 2005

If you're looking for on-demand streaming (each client connects and
views a stream starting from the beginning) as opposed to live
streaming (many clients join a single video/audio feed and stream
from whatever live moment is currently playing from the source), as
one author of the now-ubiquitous SHOUTcast streaming system allow me
to wholeheartedly recommend apache for on-demand streams.  Most
client solutions support HTTP streams.

If you need live video streaming (and by the sound of your note I
don't believe you do) videolan.org has some very decent options.  For
live audio, my old projects at shoutcast.com live on, and icecast,
while a product with a smaller client audience, has also proven
itself to be excellent.

Regards,
-Tom