Can't run "make buildworld"

epf1 at cec.wustl.edu epf1 at cec.wustl.edu
Sun Sep 11 19:33:46 PDT 2005

Hi All,

So I have an odd problem with a FreeBSD box of mine.

It's a 6.0 Beta3 box upgraded from 5.4 and it can't seem to
run "make buildworld" and only "make buildworld". I can run \
"make cleandir" & "make cleanworld" & even "make kernel". I
can build other things from the ports tree as well.

When I run "make buildworld" there is no output returned to the
screen, I have even left "building" overnight & got nothing, no
errors at all. The system does create the following path:

/usr/obj/usr/src/tools/build/make_check

but that is all the activity I can tell has happened.

The system is running FreeBSD 6.0-BETA3 #0 and was compiled on
Mon Aug 29th. The system has been cvsup'ed since then.

Any ideas or suggestions on where to start troubleshooting
this would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-Will