doom 3

Gregory Nou gregorynou at altern.org
Sun Sep 11 14:00:50 PDT 2005

Hi,
I'm currently trying to play doom3 (the complete version, not the demo
one), and I get some weird message :

    during DOOM 3 initialization...
    WARNING: idFileSystemLocal::OpenFileRead: fs_caseSensitiveOS 1 could
    not open /home/greg/.doom3/base/gamex86.so
    1 warnings
    terminal support enabled ( use +set in_tty 0 to disabled )
    pid: 78551
    1008 MB System Memory
    guessing video ram ( use +set sys_videoRam to force ) ..
    found XNVCtrl extension 1.6
    128 MB Video Memory
    Async thread started
    WARNING: idFileSystemLocal::OpenFileRead: fs_caseSensitiveOS 1 could
    not open /home/greg/.doom3/base/DoomConfig.cfg
    Couldn't write DoomConfig.cfg.
    WARNING: idFileSystemLocal::OpenFileRead: fs_caseSensitiveOS 1 could
    not open /home/greg/.doom3/base/../base/doomkey
    Couldn't write ../base/doomkey.

however, I made all these files world-readable and writable.
Did some on experience the same problem ?

--
Gregory