make flag to build on a separate disk

Anthony M. Agelastos iqgrande at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 13:19:42 PDT 2005

Hello all,

Once OpenOffice.org 2.0 is released, I plan on building it from Ports
on my machine (currently 5.4-STABLE... will be 6.0-STABLE after 6.0's
release). There may be one problem, though, which is my /usr/
partition only has about 2.4 GB free space available. If memory
serves, OOo takes up more than that to build. I do have another hard
drive (mounted at /diskad3) that has over 20 GB of free space
available. Is it possible to have it use /diskad3 for its temporary
build directory? I checked the FAQ, Google, and the Handbook and
didn't find anything. I am reading the make manpage and it
mentions .OBJDIR, but I am not sure how to use it or if that is
indeed what I am looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank
you for your assistance.