Katrina project -- How can I get the libmagic distribution for freebsd 5.3

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sun Sep 11 06:33:06 PDT 2005

Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com> writes:

> I have   reason to doubt the validity of my libmagic distribution.
>
> I urgently need to resolve this for a non-profit project to provide services
> for Katrina survivors.
>
> Does anyone help me to get and re-install that distribution correctly?
>
> Thanks
>
> FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Fri Nov  5 04:19:18 UTC 2004
>     root at harlow.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

libmagic is part of the base system, and imports are regularly taken
from the maintainer.  The easiest thing to do would be to update your
whole system; short of that, updating just that library from the
FreeBSD cvs tree would probably be the simplest.

If you really want to go to source, I recall there being some pointers
in a makefile indicating where it came from...

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/