PHP on FreeBSD - Compiler Bugs and Option selection

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sat Sep 10 12:58:15 PDT 2005

On Saturday 10 September 2005 12:49,  the author Vizion contributed to the
dialogue on-
 PHP on FreeBSD - Compiler Bugs and Option selection:

>Hi ale
>
>I just wanted to check you had received OK the two compiler errors that I
>reported for /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions.
>
>The first error was apparently caused by make expecting  libmagic in an
>incorrect path for FreeBSD 5.3. Once a copy was placed in the correct path
>compilation resumed.

I meant to say that full credit should be given to
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> who made the suggestion to
copy /usr/src/contrib/file/magic.h to
/usr/include/magic.h
and see if it works. Which it did.

> [...]
>-         'WITHOUT_DOMXML=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_EXIF=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_FILEINFO=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_FILEPRO=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_FRIBIDI=true',
>-         'WITH_FTP=true',
>-         'WITH_GD=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_GETTEXT=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_GMP=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_ICONV=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_IMAGICK=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_IMAP=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_INTERBASE=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_LDAP=true',
>-         'WITH_MBSTRING=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_MCAL=true',
>-         'WITH_MCRYPT=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_MCVE=true',
>-         'WITH_MHASH=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_MING=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_MNOGOSEARCH=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_MSSQL=true',
>-         'WITH_MYSQL=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_NCURSES=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_ODBC=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_OPENSSL=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_ORACLE=true',
>-         'WITH_OVERLOAD=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_PANDA=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_PCNTL=true',
>-         'WITH_PCRE=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_PDF=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_PGSQL=true',
>-         'WITH_POSIX=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_PSPELL=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_READLINE=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_RECODE=true',
>-         'WITH_SESSION=true',
>-         'WITH_SHMOP=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_SNMP=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_SOCKETS=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_SYBASE_CT=true',
>-         'WITH_SYSVMSG=true',
>-         'WITH_SYSVSEM=true',
>-         'WITH_SYSVSHM=true',
>-         'WITH_TOKENIZER=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_WDDX=true',
>-         'WITH_XML=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_XMLRPC=true',
>-         'WITH_XSLT=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_YAZ=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_YP=true',
>-         'WITH_ZIP=true',
>-         'WITH_ZLIB=true',
>-         ],
>-     'php4-dba-*' =- [
>-         'WITH_CDB=true',
>-         'WITH_DB4=true',
>-         'WITH_GDBM=true',
>-         'WITH_INIFILE=true',
>-         'WITH_FLATFILE=true',
>-         ],
>-     'php4-gd-*' =- [
>-         'WITH_T1LIB=true',
>-         'WITH_TRUETYPE=true',
>-         'WITHOUT_JIS=true',
>-         'WITH_LZW=true',
>-         ],
>-     'php4-mbstring-*' =- [
>-         'WITH_REGEX=true',
>
>I also wonder why the Makefile, by default, uses the --disable-all option in
>the Makefile with no option to remove it.
>
>I would be interested in what others have to say and would like to place on
>record my appreciation for all your work in maintaining the ports.

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.