grab video and sound bktr

Gunter Wambaugh unixgeek at six-two.net
Sat Sep 10 12:06:22 PDT 2005

I have taken on the task of converting my Father's old VHS tapes to
DVD.   I have connected my VCR to my Hauppauge card.  I can watch a
tape and hear sound with fxtv, but when I try to record with nuvrec,
ffmpeg, or transcode, I get no sound whatsoever.  I have tried
several variations of each command (as root too).  I have googled and
I have searched the mailing lists but nothing helps.  Can someone
here help me out?

FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p7 #1: Sat Sep 10 10:34:31 CDT 2005

bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0x86100000-0x86100fff irq 17 at device 9.0
on pci0
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 44371 D123
bktr0: Detected a MSP3435G-B6 at 0x80
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner, msp3400c
stereo, remote control.