which mutt??

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Sat Sep 10 10:41:43 PDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 12:31:12PM -0500, Chris Petrovitch wrote:
> Hey, sorry about hte newbie question.
>
> I want to install mutt but what is the difference between them?
>
> mutt

This is a stable but somewhat oldish release of mutt.

> mutt-devel

This is a development version of mutt.  Is newer and has more features than
plain mail/mutt, but has possibly more bugs too.

> mutt-lite

This is the same program as mail/mutt but with several optional features
turned off.

> mutt-ng

This is a branch of mutt, that tries to incorporate various patches that are
floating around.  What I wrote above about mail/mutt-devel applies here too,
only more so.

> mutt_vc_query

Seems to be some utility for mutt to handle vCard stuff; not mutt itself.

Personally I use mail/mutt-devel and am quite happy with it.
At this point in time mail/mutt-ng feels a bit too experimental for my taste
while mail/mutt is a bit too old and lacks some features I like.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se