sysctl or system tweak for symbolic links?

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Sat Sep 10 09:56:08 PDT 2005

The problem was fairly hidden.

It turns out that one of the directories in the PATH of the symbolic
link did not have the search bits enabled (permissions).  Once that was
adjusted, it worked fine.

This turns out to be a problem with Apache-2, since it should report a
better (unambiguous) error - there is a bug report filed about it.

Thanks.