What is fsck trying to tell me?

Mike Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:26:51 PDT 2005

On 9/10/05, Jan Grant <Jan.Grant at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> You're using the default "whole slice" partition, ad1s1c. My guess is,
> you're using the default disklabel for that slice.

Jan is right. The only time I've had the above issue though, was when
I was trying to fsck an ext2 partition without having the proper stuff
installed (e2fsprogs). My error though, of course, was "fsck: exec
fsck_ext2fs.....", as opposed to "fsck_unused". In this case it looks
like fsck is doing what it can but as Jan said, the type for the c
partition is  unused.

Mike